Michelle Marie Urbistondo
Michelle Marie Urbistondo, Esq. serves as a trusted associate with Sutton Law Group, P.A. and has been practicing law since 2012. She is a graduate of the St. Thomas University School of Law (J.D., 2011) and an alumnus of Florida International University, Honors College (B.A., 2009).
While in law school Mrs. Urbistondo served as Articles Editor for the St. Thomas Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Team where she was recognized as the Best Individual Oral Advocate at the E. Earle Zehmer National Moot Court Competition. Mrs. Urbistondo was consistently on the Dean's List and graduated with Honors in the Top 20% of her class.
Prior to joining Sutton Law Group, Mrs. Urbistondo was an associate for The Law Offices of Patrick L. Cordero, P.A. where she served as a supervising attorney for over 400+ real estate and family law cases. Most notably, Mrs. Urbistondo served as a clerk for the Honorable Leon Firtel while he was on the bench as a Family Circuit Judge in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court.
Mrs. Urbistondo currently devotes 100% of her practice to litigation, focusing on the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, tort negligence, real estate, and marital and family law matters including divorce, child custody issues, relocation, alimony and child support matters, modification actions, business valuations and paternity disputes.
Mrs. Urbistondo is licensed to practice in the State of Florida and in Federal Southern District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Family/Marital Law
- Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. cum laude - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List 2010-2011
- Law Review: St. Thomas University School of Law, Articles Editor, 2010 - 2011
- Florida International University, Honors College, Miami, Florida
- B.A. cum laude - 2009
- Honors: Dean's List 2005-2009
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History
Honors and Awards
- Lead Counsel Rated for Family Law and Civil Litigation, 2016
- Best Individual Oral Advocate, E. Earle Zehmer National Moot Court Competition, 2011
- St. Thomas University School of Law Public Service Commendation Award Recipient, 2011
- St. Thomas University School of Law Moot Court Try-Out Competition Finalist, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Lawyers Division; Florida Bar, 2012 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Patrick L. Cordero, P.A., Supervising Associate Attorney Real Estate and Family Depts., 2012 - 2015
- Litvin, Torrens & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2011 - 2012
- Alpha Omicron Pi